This coming event is the 5th international congress organized by the European Society of Tattoo and Pigment Research (ESTP) since the inauguration in 2013. The congresses attracts researchers, the tattoo practitioners (decorative tattooists and PMU artists), the tattoo ink industry, instrument makers, representatives of national and regional authorities and people with special interest, who wish to take the pulse of the very recent development. The broad audience in our society is unique and needs a unique congress like this, with exchange of insight, experience, novelty and fuel to the mind and friendships. Being established as the only global platform and meeting point in this field the coming congress is renamed into World Congress while previous biannual congresses were entitled European Congresses, ECTP2013 to ECTP2019.
WCTP 2021 has two main themes:
- Upfront EU regulation of tattoo inks with profound change of the whole tattoo industry, success or failure with need for damage reduction
- Corona, Tattooists’ and Clients’ safety in view of short-distance personal contact, with rehearsal of the new EU-CEN standard on tattoo hygiene
- Advances in experimental research, chemical characterisation of inks and pigments and their faith in the body and effects on tissues and organs
- Epidemiology, clinical research and tattoo complications addressing tattoo allergy, potential carcinogenicity and other topics
- The many faces and aspects of tattooing; from decoration to permanent make-up, micropigmentation and microblading to medical use for corrective purposes
- Tattoo removal today and in the future, recent trends
- Workshops and education with active participation of tattooists and PMU-artists
- The voice of the international tattoo ink manufacturers and resellers
Abstract submission will start in February 2021.
We have decided for the congress to be held in the end August 2021 for the congress, since this month has a fair change for the corona virus to be under control. It is a perfect time to unfold the joy of being a tourist again, in delightful Amsterdam with direct-flight access. It is important that you sign in early. A gentle cancellation policy is soon to be announced.
We look forward to welcoming you to Amsterdam in 2021.
On behalf of the ESTP board and the Local Organising Committee